- The Bright Ideas Trust is intended to help London-based young entrepreneurs aged 16-30, addressing the issue of first-time businesses.
- B&Q Waste Donation Scheme throughout all their UK stores. B&Q donates unsaleable products, such as decorating materials.
- The Austin and Hope Pilkington Trust awards grants to charitable organisations in the UK, working in areas with, music, children, youth, elderly, medical and community. Closing date: 1 Nov 2011.
- Team London Small Grants are available for voluntary sector organisations, who wish to increase the impact of their volunteering activities, to submit an expression of interest. Closing date: 15 Aug 2011.
- Ladies of Virtue -New Horizon – A five week personal development course.
- Ladies of Virtue - Cake Baking and Decorating, learn how to bake a fluffy cake and the art of decorating.
- Ladies of Virtue - Cook and Eat Afro-Caribbean Dishes, learn how to cook classic and tasty dishes.
- The Migrants Resource Centre are running a free Video and Photo Editing Workshop for migrants and refugees.
- Southwark Works are recruiting for IT Apprenticeships in London where young people, will be working with the latest Microsoft technologies.
- Black Elderly Group Southwark will be hold a community BBQ, food fusion and drinks will be available. Date: Fri, 29 July 2011.
- PVSF’s next Forum Meeting on 8 September 2011 at Bells Garden Community Centre, Buller Close, London SE15 6UJ at 9.30am – 12.30pm.
- PVSF Family Survey: PVSF strongly believes that families are important and can have an influence on the success of neighbourhoods and communities, hence the reason we are currently looking at the support needs of parents/carers within the area of Peckham.
Community Council Meetings:
Nunhead/Peckham Rye - 19 Sept 2011, St Mary Magdalene School, 48 Brayards Road, SE15 3RA
Peckham – 21 Sept 2011 (venue to be confirmed)
For further information please contact, Nadine James on 020 7525 5503 or email: Nadine.James@southwark.gov.uk. For a complete list of the Council’s meetings and activities visit: www.southwark.gov.uk/YourCouncil/CouncilDiary/
Funders of PVSF services: Southwark Council, Big Lottery, Wates Foundation, City Bridge Trust
PVSF has taken all reasonable measures to ensure the accuracy of the information included in this bulletin. Any opinions, findings and conclusions or recommendations expressd, do not necessarily reflect our views.