PVSF’s Forum Meeting:
Date: Thurs, 8 Mar 2012
Time: 10am- 1pm
Venue: Sojourner Truth, Sumner Road, Peckham, SE15
Barbara Billey, Capital Community Fund - How Funding Bids are Assessed?
Steve White – Available funding for community Groups
For further details please contact Marcia Gregory on 0207 6357000 or email: email@example.com
- Southwark Council has established a sustainability fund for third sector organisations in Southwark, it is aimed to help organisations which deliver high quality public services adapt to a changing and challenging funding environment. Deadline: 23 Mar 2012. Grant: £25,000
- The Southwark EnviroGrant scheme is offering funding for community projects . This will be the 2nd second year that Veolia Environmental Services has managed this funding opportunities. Grant: up to £1000. Deadline: 31 Mar 2012.
- PVSF’s Bid Writing Workshop, as part of the Making Connections project is pleased to invite you to an interactive 1-day course for organisations that need to prepare bids for funding. As we all know, in these difficult times it is essential to make sure your grant application stands out from the rest! Date: Thurs, 15 Mar 2012
- Creative innovation is running an e-Business start-up training and is specifically designed to equip those who wish to start a business on the Internet. The training will teach you all you need to know about starting your first internet business. Date: 27 & 29 Feb 2012. Time: 10am-3.30pm
- Community Action Southwark (CAS) will shortly be delivering our annual course of Trustee Inductions. These sessions are a great introduction to trusteeship for new trustees, and a skills refresher for experienced trustees.
- Revitalise help us to shape Peckham – Help up shape the future of Peckham and Nunhead, as we are now consulting on the Area Action Plan ‘preferred option’. This planning document sets out the vision and policies that will guide the development of Peckham and Nunhead for the next 15 years.
- SAF Professional Development Day – this is a great opportunity to gain advice from professionals on new and innovative areas, as well as to benefit from Southwark Arts Forum services. Date: 1 Mar 2012
- Come and join us to share your ideas and celebrate Peckham Settlement’s innovative and exciting SE-Village project. Find out more about how to start your project in the community or join projects and clubs that interest you.
- Starlight Music Academy is hosting a free anti gangs/knife/guns event open to young people aged 13- 25 who want to succeed in life. Lots of entertainment and fun packed activities. Date: 25 Feb 2012 Time: 12 noon
- Peckham Town Centre will be having a celebration event, to celebrate the results of some of the hard work over several years to improve Peckham town centre. Date: 14 Mar 2012. Time: 7pm-9pm.
The Ashbourne Centre is providing free Counselling and Lifeskills Training - a short term practical, confidential service for people on a low income living in Southwark.
Community Council Meetings:
Peckham: To be held on 24 Mar 2012, venue TBC
Nunhead: To be held on Thurs 15 Mar 2012 at 7pm at Rye Lane Chapel, 59A Rye Lane, SE15 5EX
For further information please contact, Nadine James on 020 7525 5503 or email: Nadine.James@southwark.gov.uk. For a complete list of the Council’s meetings and activities visit: www.southwark.gov.uk/YourCouncil/CouncilDiary/
Funders of PVSF services: Southwark Council, Big Lottery, Wates Foundation, City Bridge Trust
PVSF has taken all reasonable measures to ensure the accuracy of the information included in this bulletin. Any opinions, findings and conclusions or recommendations expressed, do not necessarily reflect our views.