Welcome to PVSF’s
Wednesday E -Bulletin
25th April 12
Quick update On PVSF developments:
Staff Change: Last Month we said goodbye to Marcia Gregory our Neighbourhood Project Development Officer. Marcia provided organisational development support to many of our members and was also responsible for running our quarterly forum meetings.
Developing a Consortium: In response to demand from our membership and the need for improved coordiantion of community activities in SE15 we will be setting up a consortium consisting of grass roots community groups who provide services and activities in SE15.
The consortium will enable its members to:
- Increase opportunities to tender for and win contracts to deliver public services.
- Help members gain better access to and stronger influence of the local decision making processes.
We are currently recruiting for a Network and Partnership officer to set up and develop the consortium.
PVSF Forum News: Due to efficeincy savings we have not been able to produce our popular quarterly newsletter for several months. The good news is that the Forum News will be back ! We are currently working on producing an in -house electronic version which should be reaching your in-boxes in June.
- Tudor Trust’s next funding deadline is fast approaching
- The Comic Relief programme aims to empower local people to create lasting change in their communities. You can apply for funding to: increase local services; build skills of local people; increase community cohesion; Apply for grants from £1,000 to £10,000
- The Stephen Lawrence Charity Trust is administering funding to support students going to university in September or already studying a course in landscape architecture or construction.
- Sport Relief and The Evening Standard Dispossessed Fund is providing funding to community groups who are working to lift people out of poverty.
- Man Group plc Charitable Trust and the London Community Foundation have launched their community programme for 2012 to support projects focusing on disadvantaged youth, literacy and numeracy or vulnerable populations.
- Breast Cancer Care & Bowel Cancer UK are running a free pilot course promoting breast and bowel health awareness for healthcare professionals, community workers and volunteers
MEETINGS AND EVENTS
- ‘The 9th Black Buisness Initiative (BBI) Awards 2012, will be held at the prestigious Hilton London Tower Bridge on Saturday 27 October 2012 from 7pm to 2am.
Community Council Meetings:
- The next Nunhead and Peckham Rye Community Council will be held on 26 April 2012
For further information please contact: Nadine James on 020 7525 5503 or email: Nadine.James@southwark.gov.uk. For a complete list of the Council’s meetings and activities visit: www.southwark.gov.uk/YourCouncil/CouncilDiary
- Plays at The Bussey Building, Peckham
- Nominate your volunteer for award.Southwark Stars’ is Volunteer Centre Southwark’s big annual volunteer awards event is back!
- St Lukes Church in Peckham, has hall space available to hire for events and activities.
- Low cost office and desk space available at 48 Willowbrook Rd, SE15. Offices start from £3012 a year, desk space with wireless connection £2200 a year.
PVSF services is funded by: Southwark Council, Big Lottery, Wates Foundation & City Bridge Trust.
PVSF has taken all reasonable measures to ensure the accuracy of the information included in this bulletin. Any opinions, findings and conclusions or recommendations expressed, do not necessarily reflect our views.