Making Connections Year Two
Applications are now open for the second year of Peckham Voluntary Sector Forum’s innovative Making Connections project where we will help even more organisations achieve their marketing objectives. Further details about Year Two and forthconing workshops can be found here.
If your organisation finds it challenging to attract volunteers, raise funds, find potential partners, appoint trustees and make sure that potential users are aware of what you do then you are not alone.
Many local community organisations in Peckham share similar challenges of getting the right message out to the right people and remain invisible despite the good work that they do.
Who is the Making Connections project aimed at?
Community organisations that are willing and able to commit to using several months of their time to increase their visibility, implement a marketing strategy, and learn about new marketing techniques.
Why Marketing & Communications Is Important?
PVSF is fully aware of the key role that marketing and communications plays in selling your services to a wide range of stakeholders. Therefore we are proud to announce the launch of a fantastic two year project called Making Connections. This project will help improve your marketing and communications skills and provide the right tools for your organisation to implement a low cost high impact marketing communications strategy.
Media Trust Research
Research by the Media Trust (September 2009) has demonstrated that there is often a lack of support for training and marketing spend and insufficient strategic planning within frontline organisations.
For example, one of the most effective tools for community organisations to use (based on cost and reach) is online marketing however only 15% of smaller organisations use it compared to 44% of larger organisations.
Benefits – What Will You Get Out Of It?
- You will be able to develop a workable marketing communications strategy that will help your organisation plan for the future.
- Learn how to identify your different target audiences and discover how they use information you provide as part of their decision process to volunteer, provide funds or use your services.
- We will help you define your niche, raise your profile, increase the flow of information and interactivity to your stakeholders and the wider community.
- We will work with you to create a tailored marketing portfolio for your organisation covering topics including PR/media relations, design, websites, networking, presentation skills and photography.
For further information please contact Lydia Edwards, Marketing & Communications Project Officer, Tel: 020 7732 2220 or email Lydia@PeckhamForum.org.uk.
Download the Making Connections Application Pack – Apply NOW!
- Download a full application pack with further details with a hand-written application form and return to us by 5pm on Monday 31 October 2011. Successful applications will be notified by 5pm on Monday 7 November at the latest.
- A Word version application form that can be typed can be downloaded as an alternative. However, you must make sure to ‘Enable the content’ by clicking on the ‘Options’ button (top right) first so that you can type in the boxes available.